Here are a few reasons why you should always call the professional electricians at Clover Electric for electrical projects in your home.
Wrong wire gauge, overloaded circuits, faulty connections and more are all common DIY electrical mistakes that can lead to overheating, sparks, and worse, a house fire.
You can recover from hitting your thumb with a hammer, but working with electricity doesn’t always give you the same chance for recovery. Touching the wrong wires together or not making sure the current is off can have potentially fatal results.
Without a full understanding, your work may not meet code. If you are making improvements to put your house on the market, you might be facing big costs for repairing shoddy electrical work. Its best just to start with a professional to avoid any costly mistakes from the get go.
Even if you manage to survive the process and not start a fire, if you don’t do the wiring properly, it can fail. You’ll be required to hire a professional anyway, so you might as well put your DIY money towards a professional from the beginning.
Ceiling Fan Disasters
Installing a ceiling fan might seem like a simple process, but if done incorrectly, you could have a fan come crashing down on you. It’s more common than you think.
Outdoor Outlet Danger
If you put an electrical outlet outside, it needs to be a ground-fault interrupter that will trip the outlet if there’s any water.
Even the seemingly simple task of changing an outlet or light switch can go wrong. A loose outlet means wires can move around, which can lead to arcing and even a fire.
Improperly Labeled Breaker Box
If you determine the current is off to a room just because the lights are off, you could end up severely injured if you start working on wires that are still live.
Installing the Wrong Products
If you’re not a professional, you might not be aware of the proper type of wires, outlets or switches that should be used in certain situations. Using the wrong product can cause big and expensive problems.
When it comes to your home’s electrical work, your best bet is to call Clover Electric the first time around, to avoid these costly and dangerous mistakes. We’ll complete your job safely and correctly.
This post appeared first on https://www.cloverelectric.com