If you’ve got an outlet that’s giving you fits, here are a few things you can try before calling in the pros at Clover Electric.
First off, look for signs of a serious electrical issue including:
- Burned, discolored or melted outlets
- Warm or hot outlet cover plate
- Burning smells or strange odors in the room
- The outlet sparking when you plug things in or remove plugs
If you see any of these warning signs you need to immediately shut off the power to the outlet at the breaker panel and call Clover Electric. These are all signs a serious electrical issue that could cause a house fire.
If you don’t see any of the warning signs above, there may be another problem that you can solve with a little trial and error investigating.
- Try plugging in something else to the outlet. Plug in a lamp that you know works in another outlet. If it lights up, it’s not the outlet. It could be whatever you had plugged in to the outlet.
- Check the breaker panel. If a breaker trips it will shut off a number of outlets and switches in a room or area of the home. Carefully inspect the breaker to confirm all switches are in the ON position.
- If the outlet you’re having problems with is a GFCI, push the TEST button on the front of the outlet then push the RESET button. This may solve your problem.
If you’re still having problems with the outlet, call Clover Electric. We can get that outlet fixed in one visit! This post appeared first on https://www.cloverelectric.com