You may have seen LED light bulbs at your local big box store. These plug-and-play light bulbs can easily be screwed into a standard light socket, replacing older style light bulbs. While more expensive than traditional incandescent, halogen and CFL bulbs, LEDs offer a significant efficiency gain and will last for many years before needing replacement.
With screw-in LEDs it’s important to never exceed the maximum wattage warning on the light fixture. LED bulbs are also incompatible with most lamps and fixtures connected to a dimmer switch.
While screw-in LED bulbs are quick and easy to install, there is an alternative to consider – upgrading to LED light fixtures. While LED fixtures must be installed by an electrician, and will cost more up front, they offer many advantages, including:
• They are smaller and more visually appealing than older, larger fixtures
• They offer even longer lifespan than most current screw-in LED bulbs.
• They offer maximum control over light design, including placement, color and intensity – perfect for situations where lighting design is important
• Have lower maximum fixture wattage than traditional fixtures, which is important for meeting strict building codes or Title 24 standards
• Offer higher performance for controls and dimming
Have questions about upgrading your home’s lighting to LED fixtures? Call Clover Electric. You’ll be glad you called!
This post appeared first on https://www.cloverelectric.com