The Do’s, Dont’s and NEVERS About Power Strips
- Only use small appliances on power strips including computers, lamps, clocks, etc.
- Make sure your power strips have an internal circuit breaker. This is a very important safety measure to prevent property loss and risks of fire.
- Use power strips only as needed for short periods of time. They aren’t designed to be used for extended periods of time and can overheat quickly.
- Don’t plug a power strip into another power strip. This can short out appliances and increases the risk of an electrical fire.
- Don’t use power strips in wet areas. This includes kitchens, laundry rooms, and basements.
- Don’t use a power strip if it feels hot. This can lead to a fire!
Never cover, staple, tack or nail a power strip to anything. Never cover a power strip. This can cause heat buildup and possibly start a fire.
Clover Electric Recommends Installing Additional Outlets
Instead of risking a fire, put a few outlets where you need them! Additional outlets can provide a safe and dependable solution to power strips. Call today. One of our qualified electricians can install a new outlet anywhere you like. (Yes, we love a challenge!) This post appeared first on https://www.cloverelectric.com