May is officially Electrical Safety Month, but Clover Electric wants you and your children to be aware of electrical safety all year long. Here are a few things you can share with your children or grandchildren. There are even a few the adults!
- Fly kites away from power lines. If your kite touches a power line you can get a really bad shock!
- Don’t fly drones near power lines. If your drone crashes in to a power line it could cause a power outage or knock power lines down to the ground.
- Substations aren’t playgrounds. Don’t go near a substation. If a friend wants to explore, just say, “no”.
- Never climb on transformers in your yard. These boxes cover dangerous electrical connections.
- Don’t climb trees near power lines. You could be hurt if you touch a power line.
- Electricity and water don’t mix. Keep all electrical equipment away from water.
- Never pull on an electrical cord. Pulling the cord could damage it and result in a shock.
- Don’t touch electrical outlets. For safety, use electrical outlet safety plugs to keep little fingers and toys out of outlets.
- Don’t use electrical cords that are damaged. Frayed or worn out cords can be a safety hazard.
- Electric cord dangers. Keep all electrical cords out of traffic areas where you could trip.
Are you concerned about electrical safety in your home? Clover Electric can perform a whole home electrical safety evaluation. In fact, it’s FREE when you’re a member of our VIP Service Plan. Learn more here! This post appeared first on https://www.cloverelectric.com